[WikiEN-l]@doctors.net.uk Fwd: Google Alert - Wikipedia

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 23 10:15:47 UTC 2005

"J.F. de Wolff" wrote

> And the dispute resolution process is not geared for dealing with it.

The fact that dispute resolution has no 'remedy' in the case of POV pushers
who are well-behaved, or even just contrite and flexible, is a 'known
problem' for WP.  We have ducked, really, the idea of resolution of content
disputes, rather than behavioural issues.

That, one can say, is one of the wiki aspects that gives Wikipedia its
character.  Edit wars have to find their own resolution.

I have thought for a while that the ArbCom ought to look into POV pushing.
I don't know what the solution is, though.  Some system of public cautions,
without other sanctions, for example.  Of course there are many thousands of
POV-pushing editors, and it is not clear what impact can be made.

Charles