[WikiEN-l] Tower of Babel - Voting to ignore MoS, NCs for language reasons.

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 19 15:07:07 UTC 2005

 "Carbonite" wrote

> It looks like the BBC also uses "Ivory Coast":

We know that.  What I object to is the hammering away at ''BBC uses IC'' as
if that is an argument.  I'm not exactly surprised that the BBC uses both.
WP is a 'World Service', just like the BBC's much-respected World Service
is.  Contrast the BBC's evident flexibility, with the deeply dim insistence
that the English Wikipedia can never make exceptions to its own MoS.  (I
know there are bad arguments put forward on both sides.)

Charles