[WikiEN-l] Tower of Babel - Voting to ignore MoS, NCs for language reasons.

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Nov 18 20:51:38 UTC 2005

Peter Mackay wrote:

>I'm having difficulty with the notion that the name "Ivory Coast" could
>possibly be described as "widely used" or "widely known".
>
>With a straight face, that is.

Well, there are over 2,200 results on google news for "Ivory Coast".  It
may not be widely discussed in bar conversations, but anyone who's been
reading the news has seen it come up quite a bit in the past few years.

I suspect next someone is going to argue that it's amateurish to have an
article on "France" when the country's real name is "République française".

-Mark