[WikiEN-l] AfD suggestions

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:24:01 UTC 2005

JAYJG wrote:
>From: "charles matthews" <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>

>>Certainly one of the current problems with AfD is what to make of users who
>>have been on WP for all of, say, 48 hours, and reckon that they have an eye
>>for articles they think should not be in the encyclopedia.

>And one the main problems AfD is meant to address is how to handle the
>articles created by users who have been on WP for all of 10 minutes and
>reckon that they have an eye for articles they think *should* be in the
>encyclopedia.

You've phrased those symmetrically, but they're not symmetrical in any
way. The way you've written this, it reads as though you *want* a
clueless deletion process *because* there are clueless article
creators. I would suggest that the cluelessness adds rather than
cancelling out.

(And that the cluelessness in the deletion process causes massive bad
faith and community forks, c.f. the lengthy discussions on this matter
over the past couple of days you haven't addresssed.)

I submit that the deletion process is in no way ticking along just
fine and is causing serious damage to the community. Please read the
last day of posts my me on the topic.

- d.