[Wikitech-l] [WikiEN-l] Status of article rating feature?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:43:30 UTC 2005

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com wrote:

>I already told Magnus, if there's anything terribly wrong with it it'll
>get fixed after it's turned on (and if necessary, back off).

Indeed :-)

>It's a solution in search of a problem; it doesn't solve the
>validated-version-display issue in any way, it's just a survey form that
>might, in theory, produce data that might, in theory, be interesting or
>useful to someone one day.

We (or I) have a plan to apply it. Call it a medium-term solution,
trying to go straight to the deep answer :-)

(I could be completely wrong and the results could be complete
rubbish, of course.)

>Will it be worth the trouble of turning it on and possibly having to
>deal with fixing it when further problems become evident? Who knows.

>> So. What's up with Special:Validate?

>It's on my list for this week, I'll see about getting it turned on and
>working.

:-D

Please let me know when you do, as I have a profound interest in this
and will be watching it closely!

Thanks, Brion :-)

- d.