[WikiEN-l] Probation Committee

Sam Korn smoddy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:44:24 UTC 2005

I also have difficulties with the current format of the Committee.  I
am wholly in favour of some kind of probation/mentoring arrangement
and a page of people who are prepared to help.  I would myself be very
happy to take part.  However, what has currently been formed is
*another* hierarchical committee.  Why couldn't it be no more than a
list of who is currently prepared to take a probationer on?  Why does
it have to be cases, and organised in a MC/AC-like fashion that
encourages legalism?  This could be done more effectively and more
friendlyly (is that a word?) if it were done more simply.

Sam