[WikiEN-l] Arbiter recusal

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Nov 13 01:06:52 UTC 2005

Jack Lynch wrote:
> I certainly agree, it is statements made by the arbiter, not by the
> defendant, which concern me.
>
> "That is not an RfC, it's a rant by a known troublemaker. I see no
> reason to participate in such a clearly broken process."
> (regarding an RfC initiated by Silverback)
> \
> Let's check the outrage at the door and discuss this reasonably, ok?
> Hyperbolic screaming does not benefit your cause. Kelly Martin (talk)
> 12:54, 3 November 2005 (UTC)
>
> etc...
>
> Jack (Sam Spade)

I haven't seen the 'etc' but I would not consider the above remark to be
even remotely close to the sort of thing that would cause me to urge an
arbiter to recuse from a case.  It was _not_ an RfC, it _was_ a rant by
a known troublemaker.  Checking outrage at the door and avoiding
hyberbolic screaming _are_ good ideas.

--Jimbo