[WikiEN-l] Tower of Babel - Voting to ignore MoS, NCs for language reasons.

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 13 10:41:27 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote

>What is the name of that country in the middle of Europe, famous for
its sausages and beer?  Deutschland or Germany?

Yes, yes. But there's never been any doubt in my mind about the case in
question: I assumed [[Côte d'Ivoire]] is it, [[Ivory Coast]] would be a
redirect, and if you go to the UN in New York you find the place reserved
for Côte d'Ivoire.

The argument on the page that _other encyclopedias_ go for Côte d'Ivoire is
actually worth several cartloads of the rather grisly populist rhetoric this
is collecting.

Charles