[WikiEN-l] People editing their own Wikipedia articles.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 11:15:01 UTC 2005

David Gerard:
>Morven wrote:

>>WP:AUTO addresses creating an article about yourself. It doesn't address
>>finding an article about yourself on Wikipedia nearly so well. Perhaps I'll
>>start such a guideline, if it turns out there isn't one.

>It doesn't need a new guideline, just adding to that one. Common-sense
>guidelines should do it:

I've just edited WP:AUTO adding a bit about "If you already have an
article about you". (I also tightened the waffly writing considerably
and removed the "Disputed" notice - if it's so very hotly disputed, it
would have seen some talk page action in the last six months.) Further
tweaks would probably be a good idea, keeping in mind [[m:Instruction
creep]].

- d.