[WikiEN-l] People editing their own Wikipedia articles.

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 10:53:24 UTC 2005

Morven wrote:
>On 11/10/05, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:

>> [[WP:AUTO]].

>WP:AUTO addresses creating an article about yourself. It doesn't address
>finding an article about yourself on Wikipedia nearly so well. Perhaps I'll
>start such a guideline, if it turns out there isn't one.

It doesn't need a new guideline, just adding to that one. Common-sense
guidelines should do it:

* Please don't edit the article about yourself directly. It would
probably be appropriate to add relevant information to the article's
talk page for other editors to decide on.
* You don't get to judge whether you are an encyclopedic subject.
[rephrase in diplomatic]
* If you don't like the photo, please do contribute a good photo under
a free license.
* ...

- d.