[WikiEN-l] Policy on including templates in automatic categories

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 03:41:04 UTC 2005

On 11/10/05, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> However I've just been reverted (here: http://tinyurl.com/7b7gw ) with the
> explanation "rv, it's important for these templates to be a member of their
> category".

It's somewhat hard for me to imagine why it would be important for
this -- perhaps asking the editor in question to clarify would at
least provide a counter-argument. I mean, as long as the category
description has {{Image template notice}} on it, it should be easy
enough to tell which template corresponds with what category, which
would satisfy any potential benefit that I can think of.

FF