[WikiEN-l] Article transclusion

Jason Y. Lee jylee at cs.ucr.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:52:12 UTC 2005

Can someone tell me why article transclusion is allowed?  Or why it is necessary?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2005 has the same problems as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_English_cricket_season_%2814-25_September%29

The issue here is that many editors are running into articles that look like unnecessary stubs which in fact are transclusions and are completely unaware of it.  Why don't we just disable such transclusions?  I do not believe main space (article) transclusions are necessary and they skew our article count.  The number of cricket articles that I found were a total of 508 articles that happen to be transcluded.  I did not know that, nor did the five other people who nominates similar articles for deletion.
--
Jason Y. Lee
AKA AllyUnion