[WikiEN-l] Don't call them "anon"

sockmonk at gmail.com sockmonk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 02:43:17 UTC 2005

On 11/2/05, Poor, Edmund W <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> [...]

If we shouldn't call them "anon" then what should we call them? It could be
worse. We could call them Anonymous Cowards like some forums do. The problem
I have with non-logged-in users is that when you find one (or several?)
engaging in edit wars or other anti-social behaviour, it's very difficult to
address them by name, let alone hold them accountable for their edits.
Particularly when the similar edits come from within a block of ip
addresses. Could be one person using different terminals on campus, or
getting different ip's via a dhcp server, or a group of separate people who
just 'look' the same.

--
Anonymous Coward