[WikiEN-l] status correction

steve v vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 18:07:12 UTC 2005

--- Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

> Regardless of some uncertainty among us regarding
> the specifics we made a finding of fact that you had
> abused your position as an administrator.

I see. So now I'm Richard Nixon. "Abused your
position" isnt a finding of fact - its an opinion,
which should be based on facts. If you dont bother to
hold specific and nuanced judgement of fact, or come
to agreement on those facts, how does the Arbcom come
to an agreement based on only a superficial (and
unexplained) set of "findings"?

> While the incident was relatively minor your
> subsequent activities show you continue to maintain
> that you believe  you did little wrong and that
> nothing ought to be done.

No. I agree that I violated 3RR, and that my
self-unblocking (which one?) was among the many
'violations of community trust' made by various
parties related to the incident (including, ironically
enough, the Arbcom). I even agree that my '10 minute'
block on Ta bu (to make a point about his reflexive
re-blocking of me) was gratuitous. Put the events of
one hour in a thimble and it admittedly looks a bit
sour. Throw those violations in with my three years of
contributions, and the water barely turns a little
grey. Throw my violations in with the whole slew of
comedic errors made by various other parties, and my
water tastes a little hard, but is quite fit to drink.
In that context, there is a non-absolutist remedy
which is fair and proper.

- SV
(contd...)