[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Lisa Thurston lisathurston at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 23:35:18 UTC 2005

So...
 - Amalekite wasn't banned for non NPOV (apparently there's no
evidence of his/her non-NPOV edits)
 - Amalekite wasn't banned for being a neo-Nazi (the consensus is that
we can't block people of any particular political/religious
persuasion)
 - Amalekite wasn't banned for disagreeing with me about group X of
society (the consensus seems to be that people are entitled to their
viewpoints no matter how warped)

(I'm glad we got that out of the way -- hard as it was to put aside)

But
 - Amalekite was banned for making a threat to disrupt Wikipedia (even
though this was off of Wikipedia)

Jay, if this user was to write on the Stormfront noticeboard "Sorry
guys I've changed my mind. Let's edit our own encyclopaedia and leave
Wikipedia alone." would you unblock him?

Lisa
[[User:Lisathurston]]