[WikiEN-l] History of "stub" concept?

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Sep 21 20:55:53 UTC 2004

The expressed problem with stubs was that they show up as an article which
has already been written, yet when you click on the blue link like to
[[Tucson, Arizona]] all you get is "Tucson, Arizona is a large city in
southern [[Arizona]]. It was felt to be misleading and a potential
disappointment to users. It was felt that an empty link, which showed up in
red rather than blue was better.

I always thought that was all nonsense.

Fred