[WikiEN-l] History of "stub" concept?

Harry Smith lance6wins at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 20:16:37 UTC 2004

As you describe in programming, a stub is a
development construct.  With concurrent development by
more than one programmer working together toward a
common goal, user "Zero0000" may create a stub, which
is expanded upon by user "Lance6Wins" and brought to
release quality by user "Viajero".   The process may
be iterative and each may add at various times.

Seems to map very well to the concept of stubs in
Wikipedia.

Lance6Wins.

(names chosen totally at random by "the Forlorn Hope".
  hmmm...do we have a wikipedia page on "the forlorn
hope"? bit of british army history there.)