[WikiEN-l] Zero0000 has blocked Lance6Wins....apparently contray to Blocking policy

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Tue Sep 21 19:11:25 UTC 2004

Rick wrote:
> Zero's problem with you is that he claims that you are
>misrepresenting these people as being not who you say they are.  I
>disagree with his blocking you because he was involved in a dispute
>with you, but if it's true that you are not correctly identifying your
>sources, then blocking is a valid option.

Absolutely it is not a valid option for someone who is involved in
editing the article.  The first and foremost cardinal rule of ethics
for sysop powers is that you must never ever use them to win a dispute
about content.  If we allowed that, it would be the end of NPOV and
the beginning of SPOV (sysop point of view).

--Jimbo