[WikiEN-l] Re: Viking

a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 31 18:05:32 UTC 2003

I've already reversed my position regarding a ban and apologized to
Viking (on [[User talk:Viking]]), so I don't want to get back into
that argument. However, I will answer your question:

>What evidence can you present that Viking's claims of sysop status
>were false?

Not listed on [[Wikipedia:Administrators]]

Said he had some other account that had sysop status. Refused to say
which. Behaved in a very un-sysop like way. And real sysops do not
hide behind second accounts.

Look - the default position if someone claims some sort of authority
must be "prove it". User:Viking absolutely failed to do so. You can't
just come in, say "I'm a sysop, don't criticise my edits unless
you're a sysop."

But I've admitted to an over-reaction on my part. Sorry. It won't
happen again. (well, not until the next time)

--
Allan Crossman
a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk
http://dogma.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk