[WikiEN-l] Please help. please.

Julie Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 23:41:50 UTC 2003

Hi all - look we all know that I can be more than a little abrasive when
people I don't know come in out of nowhere and accuse me of not knowing
my facts, or lying about history.  It's one of my weaknesses.  I hope
everyone also knows that I generally try to be patient and get people to
work together (even if it's in what Mr. Kemp calls "teacher mode"),
asking specific questions, giving specific examples, etc.  I hope that
my positive contributions over the long haul outweigh the negative ones.
If that's not what people think, I really should just take off ;-)

The most recent unpleasantness is really weighing on me.  Llywrch
e-mailed me and asked me to feed no trolls while he tried to get some
cooperation, and I pretty much have - but in the meantime, if you look
at the user contributions, you will see that really nasty accusations
about me and, to a lesser extent, and one who has tried to step in, all
over the site.  They are almost entirely taken out of context or
deliberate misunderstandings or misquotes.

I also believe that this person has shown up in at least two other
guises in the past, and had run-ins with, or left comments about me or
my contributions in each persona - almost all repetitions of the old HJ
controversies, but with a French nationalist flair.  The person is now
also accusing me of forcing others in some way to join in a persecution,
and also claims that I regularly try to get people to leave through
bullying and intimidation (boredom and wordiness perhaps .).  Oddly
enough, some of the people he seems to be saying I "forced out" are the
very people I think are his other personae.

Not only is there a possibility of the troll-like habit of changing
identities, but I notice that many of the excuses given to others as to
why he can't get along is because of a cross-cultural language problem.
While it is true that he writes these comments in a quaint and stilted
manner, his tirades (especially those directed against me) are amazingly
fluid and use lots of polysyllables (apparently, several of us can't be
understood because our words are complicated - it's kind of like that
old SNL skit about the defrosted cave-man).

Anyway, could someone not currently involved (or who has not yet been
blasted)  PLEASE take a look?  There's a frightening amount of
commentary, but I think this person is not in any way aware of how to
work with others or really interested in participating in a positive
manner.  I am not using the "b" word, but if that is already something
this user is under (it has been suggested he's DW), then it's not a
problem.  If it's not, perhaps someone with a Voice of Authority (and in
his eyes, the only authority is Jimbo, whose wrath he threatens
regularly)  could ask him nicely to quit his abuse and play nice?

Thanks!

Julie