[WikiEN-l] Re: Alternative to Blanking Pages

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Fri May 30 16:47:49 UTC 2003

Evercat wrote in part:

>Cprompt wrote:

>>If no one else would like to undertake the task of
>>writing out the boilerplate texts, I'll add it to my todo list.

>Hmm, I've still not seen an answer to the problem I raised - links to
>blanked pages will no longer be coloured as stubs. This isn't a small
>problem, I feel...

Part of the problem is that redirects are ''never'' classified as stubs.
How difficult would it be to follow redirects before colouring their links?
Of course, this still won't be a perfect solution
if the boilerplate texts are longer than some people's thresholds.
(But if they at least stay short, I for one
might well adjust my threshold to fit them.)

-- Toby