[WikiEN-l] Re: Alternative to Blanking Pages

cprompt cprompt at tmbg.org
Thu May 29 16:47:58 UTC 2003

a.crossman at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

>>If no one else would like to undertake the task of
>>writing out the boilerplate texts, I'll add it to my todo list.
>>
>>--cprompt
>>

>Hmm, I've still not seen an answer to the problem I raised - links to
>blanked pages will no longer be coloured as stubs. This isn't a small
>problem, I feel...
>
>It might be OK if in all cases the page was going to be either
>deleted or turned into an actual stub - but can you guarantee this?
>
>Evercat

Do you mean that the links won't appear as though there was no article
created for them? If so, well, that's one of the problems with pages
that have just been blanked; they link just like regular articles, and
are indexed just like regular articles. I think it should be considered
the responsibility of the person who blanks a page (or redirects to
boilerplate) to ensure that it doesn't remain in that state. If they are
not a sysop, they should list the page on votes for deletion, or they
should try to make their own stub or article (or find someone who can).

--

--cprompt