[WikiEN-l] Michael/Weezer/NOFX and blaming the victim

Graham Burnett grahamburnett at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 26 08:00:07 UTC 2003

Message: 4
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:59:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Zoe <zoecomnena at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] No-FX
To: wikien-l at wikipedia.org

--- Daniel Ehrenberg <littledanehren at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On a side note, if you stopped getting these vandals
> so mad at you, they wouldn't keep vandalising your
> userpage (as I understand, this has happened more
> than
> once).
> --LittleDan

And how do you suggest I do that?

Zoe

(moved Zoe's reply to the bottom for logical of reading order)

I think this is what is known as 'blaming the victim'... Apparently I must
have  'made him mad' in the first instance by correcting what at first
appeared to be genuine mistakes on the Crass article... It seems I continued
to 'make him mad' by reverting deliberate vandalism, as did camemebert, Zoe,
Danny & others. Michael/Weezer/NOFX or whatever he's calling himself today
hasn't actually attacked my userpage (yet) but has written abusive comments
and attributed them to me as well as the other people I mentioned. Only Zoe
seems to have been treated to having her user page altered to make vulgar
inuendos regarding her sexual preferences, from which I can only deduce that
this strange individual not only has a problem with Wikipedia, he also has
issues with women. For me, my duty is to support Zoe against this
inadequate's mysoginism, not to suggest that she only has herself to blame
for upsetting him.

Best wishes Graham (Quercus robur)