[WikiEN-l] forum instead of mail

Jens Frank JeLuF at gmx.de
Sun May 18 20:02:32 UTC 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 11:23:50AM -0700, Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:
> I think that we should use a web-based forum instead
> of email. Forums are much more organised and don't
> clutter your inbox.

If mailing lists clutter your inbox, than use a real mail
program that automaticaly sorts incoming mail to folders.

> They also eliminate problems with
> different email clients (like the whole "wrap your
> text" thing), as well as signing letters.

But are way behind the features a good mail client
provides to you. Scoring, filtering, fast access,
offline readable *and* replyable (good for those
people not having a flat rate), kill lists (some
topics just don't interest me, so they are set
to "read" automaticaly) etc pp.

Not to mention the ads and the two-screens long
legalese I have to sign prior to logging in.

Best regards,

JeLuF