[WikiEN-l] forum instead of mail

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 18:23:50 UTC 2003

I think that we should use a web-based forum instead
of email. Forums are much more organised and don't
clutter your inbox. They also eliminate problems with
different email clients (like the whole "wrap your
text" thing), as well as signing letters. I set up a
free (and ad-free) hosted forum at
wikipedia.proboards19.com to test out swithching to a
forum, but if it suits you better to download forum
software for www.wikipedia.org instead, it's probably
better that way anyway. There could be a link to the
forum from the main page to increase awareness of it
(many people don't know of the mailing list, and there
is no way to link to it.) Some people think this
mailing list is exclusive and only for sysops and the
like.

For the proboards19 forum, the admin is Wikipedia with
password npov, but you should probably make your own
account.
--LittleDan