[WikiEN-l] Re: vandalism

koyaanis qatsi obchodnakorze at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 15:04:56 UTC 2003

Erik writes:
>I think we're still talking past each other.
> Banned IP addresses can login, but they
> cannot edit, even if they're logged in. The
> IP address of the user in question (Stick)
> is not banned.

Yes.  We're talking past each other.  What I'm saying
is that a banned IP that tries to access the "login"
page, regardless of whether it's logged in already,
could be served a 404.  This could prevent people like
Michael or yesterday's vandal from coming back with
several different usernames.  Again, I'm not sure if
this is a good or bad idea--there may be other, bad
results as well.

kq