[WikiEN-l] Votes for deletion

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 02:52:20 UTC 2003

I twice deleted a newbie's article called [[First Bull
Run]].  The first time, it was deleted because it was
a copright violation.  The second time, because its
entire content consisted of nothing but a link to the
page that the copyright violation had come from.  I
indicated both times that the title was wrong, it
should be [[Battle of First Bull Run]].  The third
time, the user actually created a useful article,
although still with the wrong name, which Danny
redirected to a correct article name.

Some anonymous person who is using the URL
172.158.95.251, and whose use history contains only
attacks against me, is arguing that I should have
submitted those pages to the Votes for deletion page
before deleting them.  And The Cunctator is backing
him up.

I find this a ridiculous stance.  Are we required to
put EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE on the votes for deletion
page, and then wait a week and for some other use to
delete them?  The Wikipedia:Policy on permanent
deletion of pages page CLEARLY says "If the page
contains no useful content (all gibberish for example)
and no useful history, this step may be skipped."

Are we really going to have to list every article on
Votes for deletion?  That is completely unwieldy.

Zoe