[WikiEN-l] JohnQ / MaryMary - the clitoris guy

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Sat May 17 06:42:54 UTC 2003

>I think some people think photos have more potential to disturb because
>they are presumably photos of a real person (that is, a photo of a clitoris
>is the photo of a specific woman's clitoris; a drawing of a clitoris can be
>a drawing of no one's clitoris -- but I think this is a side issue).

I agree with Steven, except for the above. I think the opposite is true. The
image of a photograph of a clitoris is a 'real' clitoris, whereas a drawing
is some artist's 'imaged version' of a clitoris. So whereas the real thing
can be neutral, the imaged one can carry the artist's POV.

OK. A bit of humour after this ongoing discussion. A friend (female) walked
in as I was reading the wiki-list. She knows that, whether through nature or
nuture, it has been decreed that I am not one likely to have much interest
in the clitoris stakes. And she walked in to find me with a page of emails
all with the obvious words 'the clitoris guy'. So after a moment of puzzling
quizzical looking at me, she asked, "are you trying to tell me something?
Are you 'really' straight?" So thanks, guys'n'gals. After months of
convincing her that as much as she desparately is in love with me, I ain't
available, being unambiguously gay, she now thinks I 'really' am straight
after all and having difficulty 'coming out' as straight to all my gay
friends. Zeeech! Wiki has called me communist, a fascist, a liberal, an
ultra-conservative, a monarchist, a republican. And now straight!!!! How
much more of this??? *grin* So the next time you send around an email on
'the clitoris guy', please attach the words 'PS Nora. JT IS gay!!!' :-))