[WikiEN-l] How do I use my newfound powers, and not abuse them?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri May 16 16:23:53 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 08:31, steven l. rubenstein wrote:
> Thanks -- but how do I know (from the identifying user number) whether
> it is an AOL address? Sorry if this is an obvious question,

I recommend this page: http://www.arin.net/whois/

Paste in an IP address, it'll tell you what organization the network
belongs to.

It can also be useful to do a reverse DNS lookup; on Unix you'd do this
with the "host" or "nslookup" command... on at least some verions of
Windows you can run "nslookup" from a command prompt.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)