[WikiEN-l] JohnQ / MaryMary - the clitoris guy

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu May 15 00:25:41 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:

>The only forms of censorship Wikipedia should abide by are those demanded
>by United States law (or the respective local equivalents for the
>international Wikipedias).

The "international" (that is, non-English) Wikipedias
are also subject only to US and (I think) California law.
That's where they're located, after all.
(Although suggestions have been made in the past
to self-censor [[fr:]] and [[zh:]]
in order to prevent the governments of France and the PRC
from declaring it illegal to *view* them,
which isn't exactly the same thing.)

And Enciclopedia Libre is governed by Spanish law.

-- Toby