[WikiEN-l] Sysop nomination: Jtdirl

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Wed May 14 22:21:30 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 17:06, Toby Bartels wrote:
> The Cunctator wrote:
>
> >Fred Bauder wrote:
>
> >>I oppose Jtdirl's nomination for the same reasons as Cunctator. Every
> >>indication is that like 172 he will stongly engage both in historical
> >>revisionism and abuse of other users.
>
> >I just want to make it clear I'm not opposing Jtdirl's nomination. I'm just
> >betting he'll use the sysop powers abusively.
>
> I think it's good that some administrators really don't like each other.
> It means that as Wikipedia factionalises, the admin cabal won't take sides.
> As Fredbauder is an admin, so should 172 and Jtdirl be.
> (Hell, this philosophy goes all the way back to LMS and Cunc.)
>
> If an admin abuses their superpowers, then let their status be revoked.
> But best to avoid prior restraint.

Yup.

I'm just hoping Wikipedia doesn't significantly factionalize--or rather,
stays in factions of one. I'm mildly disturbed by the way 172 invited
particular people to work on an entry ("Wanted: Tannin, Sluberstien, and
Jtdirl")http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Talk:Industrial_Revolution&action=history
because I don't see that kind of behavior boding well for the future.