[WikiEN-l] Sysop nomination: Jtdirl

Toby Bartels toby+wikiedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed May 14 21:06:14 UTC 2003

The Cunctator wrote:

>Fred Bauder wrote:

>>I oppose Jtdirl's nomination for the same reasons as Cunctator. Every
>>indication is that like 172 he will stongly engage both in historical
>>revisionism and abuse of other users.

>I just want to make it clear I'm not opposing Jtdirl's nomination. I'm just
>betting he'll use the sysop powers abusively.

I think it's good that some administrators really don't like each other.
It means that as Wikipedia factionalises, the admin cabal won't take sides.
As Fredbauder is an admin, so should 172 and Jtdirl be.
(Hell, this philosophy goes all the way back to LMS and Cunc.)

If an admin abuses their superpowers, then let their status be revoked.
But best to avoid prior restraint.

-- Toby