[WikiEN-l] (no subject)

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed May 14 00:10:22 UTC 2003

steven l. rubenstein wrote:

> There is a new article on the death of John Savage, former premier of
> Nova Scotia.  When I saw the article, my first thought was that the
> actor John (or is it Jon?) Savage died.  Now an administrator, I
> suppose I am obliged to add the link to the main page under recent
> deaths.  Yet, I do not want to frighten fans of the actor.  Yet, we
> have the article, so maybe...
>
> Question: do we post the names of any person who has recently died, if
> we also have an article -- or are there limits.
>
> No disrespect to Canadians, of course.

The actors are 3 Johns and 1 John, though only one of the Johns has a
significant filmography.  Honestly though, I hadn't heard of the
actor(s) until you raised the point.  Who gets listed is probably a
matter of common sense.  Some time ago we had a big debate over famous
Canadians; with DW involved it was no fun.

Ec