[WikiEN-l] problems making changes

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue May 13 05:35:31 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 21:45, steven l. rubenstein wrote:
> I have been having some problems that I do not understand -- I assume some
> people here are more experienced and knowledgeable about the technical
> workings of Wikipedia to figure it out.
>
> I recently made an addition to the Supernaturalization talk page.  I also
> made a comment on the Supernatural talk page.  When I looked at my own
> "user contribution" page, next to the list of these most recent
> contributions was the word "rollback."

A 'rollback' link is displayed to sysops when viewing a contribs page
for each edit which is the most recent edit to that article. Clicking it
'rolls back' the article, restoring the most recent edit by someone
other than the last editor.

This is a standard sysop feature; it's meant as a handier way for
undoing mass vandal attacks than click/history/click/edit/save.

> I went back to the articles and as "most recent changes" it had a deletion
> of the comments I added, and the user credited for the deletion was me,
> with the comments "reverted to last edit by Jackerie27" and "reverted to
> last edit by Mkmcconn.

You clicked the 'rollback' link.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)