[WikiEN-l] End the personal attacks and slander

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Sun Mar 9 15:51:46 UTC 2003

> RK pondered: Thar's insane.  By that argument, we should write the
> entire English Wikipedia in Chinese!
> Also, I am disturbed ...
> I take great offense at what you write here....
> I, and most of us here, are AGAINST English Wikipeida being
> made unreadable by introducing Chinese ....
> characters that most English speakers would find confusing....
> I am sorry to see that Chris Mahan, Stevertigo, and Susan
> Mason are working so hard...
> am sorry to see that some people lie about me beliefs,
> think it is acceptable to make accusations of racism...
> I am being treated...

Well, I for one have never stooped to calling you "anti-Sinotic" Robert. Any
prejudices you have against cultures other-than-your-own speak for
themselves...  In your long winded comment... you essentially base your
argument under 1 central assumption and 3 accusations of "anti-Robertism",
(with the added implication of making the list longer at your discretion.)
The accusations are just smokescreen, so Im not going go into them... I can
if you like...

Your central assumption - that using non-English characters on the en:wp
violates "protocol"... ("master Luke!") which is nonsense : we use umlauts,
and accented spanish characters. And those nordic circle things... yadda...
You seem to think that 1. using a Chinese sig in the Talk pages interferes
with people understanding the Encyclopedia... and 2 that most other people
cant see them - with UNICODE to read them... It wouldnt make sense for
anyone to bother, if there wasnt such a thing as UNICODE gaining in
prominence for its utility... Besides.. I compromised in accordance with
Chris idea - bilingual sig... so... rant all you want...- DimSum:sv

Ps. Victoria - I dont know whats going on... Im sending these plain text
only...
ah, its the Unicode... needs html... ok...