[WikiEN-l] End the personal attacks and slander

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 14:19:00 UTC 2003

First Susan_Mason writes slanerous lies about me, then
Stevetigo does the same, and now Chris Mahaon joins the
RK-bashing.

Christopher Mahan <chris_mahan at yahoo.com> writes :
> A slanderous innuendo? Where? I missed it? Dang...

I posted the quote in my letter, where Stevertigo
explicitly accused me of promoting segregation against
Chinese languages.  (This is a really sick thing for
someone to claim, by the way.)  I am sorry that you found
his wording too confusing to understand.  Allow me to
explain:

Susan Mason is accusing me of being racist against Chinese
people, while Stevertigo slightly rephrases this, and
accuses me of "Segregation" Chinese letters, thereby
implying that I am bigoted against Chinese people and/or
culture. Do you get it now?

Chris Mahan then writes:
> The fact that he signs his posts with a hard-to-duplicate
> sig, one hat most likely happens to be the exact' legal
> ntition of his birth name, lead me to believe that in
> fact is his intent that his post not be confused for any
> one else's. Whodathunk?

That's really stupid, man. You already have been told that
this system literally DOES NOT WORK on many computers.
Others on this list have already told you that ENGLISH
SPEAKERS do not differentiate well between multiple Kanji
signatures, and that Stevertigo is attempting to get
multple people to start using Kanji. And we are working
specifically on an encyclopedia for English speakers,
remember?  What do you find so confusing about this?

> Kanji being the primary element of the written language
> of the second largest world economy, of a
> technologically advanced and pionering nation where the
> internet is concerned, and the official
> writ of 140 million people, I dare say that blaming
> people for using it is narror-sighted at best.

Thar's insane.  By that argument, we should write the
entire English Wikipedia in Chinese!  Do you really not
understand that this is the ENGLISH Wikipedia, and that
people are also working on other Wikipedias in other
langauges?  What about this concept do you find to hard to
understand?

Also, I am disturbed by the way that subtly imply that
Susan Mason and Stevertigo are correct; you imply that I a
really am a bigot, simply because I want to read an
English-language encyclopedia in English leters.  I take
great offense at what you write here.

> On a more serious note, Robert, how would you feel if the
> Internet
> had been createdn by the Soviets, and the ligua franca
> was Russian,
> and the script was cyrillic, would you not want to sign
> your own name
> the way your parents meant for you to rather than with
> less-than perfect cyrillic approximations?

I, and most of us here, are AGAINST English Wikipeida being
made unreadable by introducing Chinese, Japansese,
Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic, Farwi and a host of other
characters that most English speakers would find confusing.

I am sorry to see that Chris Mahan, Stevertigo, and Susan
Mason are working so hard to make Wikipedia unreadable.  I
am sorry to see hat some people lie about me beliefs, and
think it is acceptable to make accusations of racism
towards Wikipedia contributors for the "crime" of saying
that this is the English Wikipedia.

In disgust at the way I am being treated,

RK

=====
"I prefer a wicked person who knows he is wicked, to a righteous person who knows he is righteous".
The Seer of Lublin [Jacob Isaac Ha-Hozeh Mi-Lublin, 1745-1815]