[WikiEN-l] vera cruz is a troll

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sun Jan 19 16:04:14 UTC 2003

tannin Wrote:
>The enormous frustration, disruption, and harm to Wikipedia that Vera
Cruz creates is perfectly clear.
>The probability of successfully negotiating with her to effect a
reform is equally clear: near enough to zero
>as makes no difference. She shows not the slightest sign of being
able to reform, and every sign of being
>able to evade and make a mockery of any and all attempts to restrain
her: indeed, she obviously delights
>in them, and goes out of her way to court them. An IP ban is the only
practical response, and is probably
>in any case inevitable. The sooner the better.

Vera Cruz posted to mav's talk page a ranting (and quite redundant and
self-pitying) Faulknerian screed which mav (rightly, I think) refused
to read.  The interesting thing about this is that she did so while
not logged in, and from the IP address 172.130.118.81 .  The
temptation to ban her immediately was quite strong.  Now, this
morning, I did ban her.

It occurs to me that Vera might *also* be user:172.  If so, I'd say
she's been having us on even better than I thought.  what is the rest
of 172's IP?

cheers,

kq

wikikarma: cashing in various [[Russia]]-related edits from yesterday