[WikiEN-l] vera cruz is a troll

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Sun Jan 19 02:28:34 UTC 2003

At 19:25 18/01/2003 -0500, Tom Parmenter wrote:
>I'm not one for banning, but if Vera Cruz is Lir and Lir is banned,
>then . . .

For the record, I just left a note on Vera Cruz' talk page, asking if Vera
Cruz is/was Lir. It seemed the obvious thing to do. The exchange went as
follows:

Camembert: Hi VC - quick question: are you the user formerly known as
[[User:Lir]]? --[[User:Camembert|Camembert]]

Vera Cruz: Why? [[User:Vera Cruz|Vera Cruz]]

Camembert: Because there have been several suggestions that you are, and,
as such, should be banned immediately (for the reason that, as I understand
it, the being who used the name Lir is banned pending discussion with
[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo]] on the matter). --[[User:Camembert| Camembert]]

Vera Cruz: Im obviously [[User:Vera Cruz]] [[User:Vera Cruz|Vera Cruz]]

I don't have the inclination to pursue it any further (I don't know if
there's any point anyway). And I'm so far successful in my effort to not
form an opinion on the whole "let's ban Vera Cruz" thing, by the way.

lp (camembert)
Wikikarma: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islay_whisky

[btw - I accidentally sent this from the wrong email address initially, so
it may end up on the list twice - apologies if so]