[WikiEN-l] My proposal

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 18:11:57 UTC 2002

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com> wrote:

> Cunc, it seems like you're the strongest holdout.

Among several who have voiced opposition, me included.

> I've got people in private email telling me that it's imperative that
> we institute a formal voting procedure, because consensus can't work
> in a group of this size.  It is claimed that any one person can block
> change, even if that one person agrees that the current situation is
> not very desirable.

That's interesting. The campaign for a voting procedure, repeatedly
rejected by the mailing list, is now continued via private email
directly to you? Could we have more details?

Besides: the above argument for voting is weak for two reasons: we
currently have more than a single holdout against moderation, and
furthermore we have agreed before that "consensus" is different from
"everybody has veto power".

Axel

Payment for this message: http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Galois_connection&diff=0&oldid=490006