[WikiEN-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Moderator nominations

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Wed Dec 11 21:29:08 UTC 2002

I wrote:

Ed, I'm really not meaning to be contrary here, but I don't think it's a
terribly great idea to tabulate "votes" on this particular issue for the
simple reason that the people whose posts most need moderation will be
voting.  I suggest we simply leave the actual choice of moderators up to
Jimbo and debates the merits of the proposal itself.

-----

By "this particular issue" I meant only who the moderators should be--not
whether there should be moderation.  That is, indeed, something that I
think should depend a great deal on "votes."

Larry
--
"We have now sunk to a depth at which the re-statement of the
obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." --George Orwell