[WikiEN-l] Clutch is on a POV tirade

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Mon Dec 9 15:40:20 UTC 2002

Jason Williams wrote:

>Consensus and niceness are good things, but contention and
>argument drive the wheel faster and produce more comprehensive
>results.

You've been watching too much Babylon 5.
I'm with the Vorlons -- conflict may promote growth, but it's not a
healthy way to do so.

The social workers I have encountered have been idiots, not pathological
liars. I've found it's the structure they work within (and their
pen-pusher mentality which means they can *never* look outside of it)
which has caused me problems in the past.
If we want to criticize social workers, we need evidence, like specific
cases -- and we also need to present the wider picture.