[Toolserver-l] Problem with randomly missing user database

DaB. WP at daniel.baur4.info
Mon Sep 12 21:08:30 UTC 2011

Hello,
At Monday 12 September 2011 23:02:37 DaB. wrote:
> About half the time when loading this page, I receive this error message:
>
> Unknown database 'u_dcoetzee'
>
> Source is here:

# Connect to database
$toolserver_mycnf = parse_ini_file("/home/".get_current_user()."/.my.cnf");
$db = mysql_connect('enwiki-p.rrdb.toolserver.org', $toolserver_mycnf['user'],
$toolserver_mycnf['password']) or die(mysql_error());

As far as I see, here is the problem. You connect to enwiki-
p.rrdb.toolserver.org, but that's the round-robin-service for reading, you
need enwiki-p.userdb.toolserver.org because you use a user-database later in
code (see [1]).

> This is a new issue and the code has not changed at all, so I suspect
> some kind of database/server configuration error

It is this way since we have 2 server for enwiki (many months now). And no, it
is not a configuration-error :-).

Sincerly,
Dab.

[1] https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Database_access#By_database_name

--
Userpage: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]] — PGP: 2B255885