[Toolserver-l] A strange thing in huwiki database

Mihajlo Andjelkovic michael.angelkovich at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:02:46 UTC 2011

Today I did some analysis over latest revisions on huwiki and there I
stumbled on something that surprised me. I believed that revids were
given sequentially, so that lower revision id implies an earlier date,
and higher revision id implies a later date. Thus, all edits having id
greater than 6.000.000 would be no older than august 2009 on huwiki.
However, the following revids are anomalies to this, being set 5-6
years back in comparison to their surrounding revids:

8764880, 2004
8764883, 2005
8764884, 2005
8764885, 2005
8764886, 2005
8764887, 2005
8764904, 2004
8764905, 2004
8764906, 2005
8764907, 2005
8764908, 2005

Example:
http://hu.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ornithopoda&oldid=8764883

I don't really want to ask anything, I hope I pointed out something
interesting. However, if there be any comments on this, shot away. :)