[Toolserver-l] Cronjob starting cronsub

River Tarnell r.tarnell at IEEE.ORG
Sun Feb 27 13:10:25 UTC 2011

In article <slrnimkfjp.fte.saper at saper.info>,
Marcin Cieslak  <saper at saper.info> wrote:
> >> Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I have a wrapper script that starts a handful of jobs on the
> > toolserver (via qsub). But, when I put that wrapper script as a
> > "normal" cronjob, I get some error messages about qsub not found.
> > Starting the wrapper via cronsub doesn't work either.

You should first run cronsub from the command-line with the same
arguments.  If that still doesn't work, post the entire command line and
any output from it.

Once you have it working from the command-line then it should be fine
fromc ron.

> Actually cronsub does a litle bit more than sourcing
> /sge62/default/common/settings.sh file, so I don't know
> why it's not working for you. Maybe you could share some output?

cronsub makes it easier to submit longrun jobs, automatically sets the
default output file, runs the script from $HOME and prevents duplicate
jobs being submitted.  Otherwise it's identical to qsub.

	- river.