[Toolserver-l] Cronjob starting cronsub

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Sun Feb 27 12:07:53 UTC 2011

>> Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a wrapper script that starts a handful of jobs on the
> toolserver (via qsub). But, when I put that wrapper script as a
> "normal" cronjob, I get some error messages about qsub not found.
> Starting the wrapper via cronsub doesn't work either.

cronsub should work.

cron has a distinct environment as compared to the user shell (because it gets started at system boot and has to make up its environment).

Here's what I tried:

my crontab:

00 12 * * * $HOME/wrapper

$HOME/wrapper script:

#! /bin/ksh

. /sge62/default/common/settings.sh

qsub sgeenv

$HOME/sgeenv script:

#! /bin/sh
#$ -m be
env

Seems to work fine.

Actually cronsub does a litle bit more than sourcing
/sge62/default/common/settings.sh file, so I don't know
why it's not working for you. Maybe you could share some output?

//Marcin