[Toolserver-l] A try to build a wikicaptcha and toolserver script sharing politics

Alex Brollo alex.brollo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:12:49 UTC 2011

I'm going to run into toolserver some simple python + djvuLivre routines to
test the possibility to obtain a "wikicaptcha", built to be useful for
wikisource activity.

I'm far from sufficiently skilled to write all the project, in particular
the final user interface; but I'm not far to implement something like a
"voluntary wikicaptcha", t.i. to select controversial OCR interpretation of
words of a djvu file, and to present their image, extracted from image
layer, into a html form, so that a willing user could upload their "human
interpretation" and fix djvu text layer.

While asking if any of you is interested about, I wonder there would be any
wrong, or hurting toolserver politics, or raising safety issues, in
publishing the python code of such layman tries into toolserver wiki into a
subpage of my account, or otherwhere, so that any toolserver user could take
a look if curious or simply could take inspiration to develop the idea as
the idea IMHO deserves.

Alex brollo