[Toolserver-l] Design of toolserver.org

Maciej Jaros egil at wp.pl
Tue Feb 8 01:26:40 UTC 2011

Platonides (2011-02-05 23:56):
> MZMcBride wrote:
>> I know this has come up previously, but I don't think it was ever addressed.
>> What's the process for updating the design of<http://toolserver.org>? Can
>> the index file be made to load from the Toolserver wiki (similar to how
>> www.wikipedia.org works at Meta-Wiki)?
> It loads from there. That's why there is a "admins may edit this page in
> the toolserver wiki" link to
> https://wiki.toolserver.org/edit/Toolserver:Homepage
>
>   Does it require a JIRA ticket to
>> update the design? Is an updated design even allowed?
>>
>> My issue is that the page currently looks broken. It looks as though only
>> some of the content loaded and parts are missing.
> Shows fine here, although it has some html typos, such as<body>  instead
> of</body>, or the double<base>.

I think that what MZMcBride meant is that the page looks like as if
there were supposed to be a sidebar on the left and some upper menu or
banner. It looks like as if only the main content was loaded.

So I think the margins should either be removed or filled :-). Or maybe
redesigned completely or just redirected to the TS wiki page. The last
seems to me most useful for visitors.

Cheers,
Nux.