[Toolserver-l] what's the best way to convert SVGs to PNGs on the toolserver?

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.rs
Thu Feb 18 07:26:25 UTC 2010

Ryan Kaldari wrote:
> shell_exec("cat newmap.svg 2>&1");
> outputs the svg file to the browser, so it can definitely find the file.
> I'm stumped. What's the difference between running rsvg directly from
> the command line and executing it from PHP? Perhaps there are some
> environment restrictions or something. Has anyone else been able to
> successfully execute rsvg from PHP on nightshade?

First, even if you wouldn't have these problems, you really should be
using full paths to files. So, please, /usr/bin/rsvg-convert
/tmp/whatever/newmap.svg

Second, try "strace -e file -f rsvg newmap.svg 2>&1" and if you don't
see anything useful, the same without "-e file". You should see what
exactly fails in the last lines.