[Toolserver-l] what's the best way to convert SVGs to PNGs on the toolserver?

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed Feb 17 22:31:26 UTC 2010

Am 17.02.2010 22:36, schrieb Ryan Kaldari:
> shell_exec("cat newmap.svg 2>&1");

With my tests only rsvg on nightshade can read the test-svg [1], here it
works with and without php (called from the shell). The same calls on
willow (with and without php, via shell) results in a message of "Error
reading SVG:", the same thing happens on wolfsbane (php via webserver).
So I guess the solaris versions of rsvg may have some problem..

 > What's the difference between running rsvg directly from the command
 > line and executing it from PHP?
executing it from PHP is not the problem, but the login-server is not
the same machine as the webserver.

Peter

[1]
<http://toolserver.org/~mazder/mapnik-in-a-box/svgicons/mazdermind/grave_yard.svg>