[Toolserver-l] mysql woes

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:05:08 UTC 2005

I'm hitting dumb stuff that arises from my unfamiliarity with working
in a 32/64-bit split universe on a Solaris box.

Is there some magic phrase I can tell configure that will make it
realise I want to pick up the 32-bit /opt/mysql50/include/mysql
include files, and not the include files that lives at
/usr/sfw/include/mysql that it seems to prefer?  I can go around
editing Makefiles, or even install my own 32-bit mysql client, but
there has to be a better way.

Or maybe the information here is out of date:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolserver/For_users#software

It suggests that I should link to the /opt/mysql50 code for a 32-bit build.

if there's some amazing advantage to compiling all my code for 64
bits, please feel free to convince me.  In private email.  I think it
more likely that I'm just being dumb.